Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On the 4th Day of Christmas....

...I made gift boxes from my stash!



I covered craft paper mache wine boxes with punched paper strips.
This would make a lovely hostess gift for those Holiday parties coming up! They're fast...less than an hour. They're inexpensive...the box is just a few dollars at most craft stores and the paper came from my stash. They are easy...just punch or edge strips of paper with decorative scissors and glue to the box. It's easy enough for kids as well! The strips can be attached either vertically or horizontally.







Here are the punches I used for the round box:







Here are the punches I used for the square box:



For everyone in the U.S., have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

Laura

7 comments:

  1. Laura - these are absolutely gorgeous! What a super idea. I've got some of these boxes from gifts I received in the past, and they will go straight in my "to be altered" box! Just lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are so pretty and so detailed. But really, you shouldn't be giving me more reasons to buy Martha Stewart punches! :lol:

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beautiful boxes - I especially love the layers of snowflakes. It looks cool with the punched flower as base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Laura that is some serious punching! Love both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, it's official!! You are AMAZING!!! You take the simplest of things and turn them into something breathtaking!!! With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, and all that you have on your plate and here you are, gifting us with all these awesome projects!!! Wish I lived close enough to lend a hand!!!
    Hugs to you and yours and Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Laura,

    So very pretty. They make a simple gift look elegant.
    I have used empty pringle chips round boxes and also empty oatmeal containers. I have packed cookies in them, One oatmeal box I made into a spa in a box. Shower gel,soap, lotion, nail files, nail polish, and at the top I put a shower puff. I got most of it at Bath and Body Works. They had a buy 3 get 3 free (they do that a lot before the holidays) plus and I had a coupon that I printed off the internet.
    These were gifts I gave last year to some of my family members. They loved them.
    So there are lots of uses for them even.
    Thank you for everything you do for us. We are so very blessed that you share all of your talent with us. Enjoy your family and relax. You deserve it.
    Hugs,
    angelbug56

    ReplyDelete