Monday, December 13, 2010

On the 9th Day of Christmas.....

....I made a Snowy Villiage mini! this accordian style mini is made from envelopes and has removable house tags!



Start out with 3 long envelopes cut in half to make 6 pockets. Line them up and draw a gentle, curving line. Cut envelopes on the line. Attach the envelopes together with paper hinges with a bit of a gap between envelopes



For stability, add some heavish cardstock to the envelopes...make the fit snug. Again, draw a curving line (different than the first. Cut on the line. Attach to the inside back of the envelopes.



Make tags to fit the envelopes. They can be a single layer or they can be a top hinged card like I have shown. Add photo mattes.



Embellish the outside of the tags with cute little houses. Just have fun cutting the shapes...they shouldn't be perfect! Outline the the parts of the house with a fine point marker for a "cartoon"-like look.



The bottom of the house should extend over the top edge of the pocket. DON"T glue the bottom of the house down so that it can slide over the pocket!!



Add triangle trees and flocking for snow.


This would look super cute on a shelf or table!

Laura

22 comments:

  1. Wow luv this idea!!
    So clever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute!! I love the houses and trees--like simple-style cartoons!! *love*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is super cute.
    You are talent girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute idea Laura ! I am so impressed by all your work - you are a paper wizzard ! I am a big fan of all you do and can`t wait to come home and try out your latest project. Greetings all the way from Norway !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing! I wish I could live inside your brain.. when you say large envelopes.. what size did you use, helps give perspective, thx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. If I have time, I might do this one. In fact, I'd like to feature it on my blog with a link back to your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Does your brain ever go to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The envelopes are standard #10 long envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So-So-SO CUTE!! Love all your work. Thanks for the constant inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun idea!! Where do you find the time?? I can see so many possibilities for this mini..the beach Thanks for another wonderful project :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, I adore this idea! Unfortunately, making one will have to wait until after the new year. T_T Thanks again for your wonderful ideas and I hope the recovery with the kids continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable project!!! What a super idea! I'm not artistic enough to draw the houses, but have several Cricut cartridges with houses on them, so will use those instead!! Looks like a fast and easy project with a big WOW factor!! Thanks so much for all that you so generously share!!
    Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wouah! c'est trop joli, bravo ! Tu as toujours de merveilleuses idée.
    Great! Love..love..this new idea, you're amazing. Bye..ye...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Laura,
    You have done it again!!! Came up with another fantastic idea. So so darn cute. I just love it.
    Hope you are finding time to relax and enjoy the Christmas season with your family.
    Hugs and blessings to you,
    angelbug56

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute! What cart did you get the houses from? I know there are some on Jolly Holidays but there is more snow on them. TFS, Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are not from a cart....I drew and designed them myself. I rarely use my Cricut for anything other than letters.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are simply amazing!!! I must have looked at those houses for an hour and marvelled at how fun they are and how talented you are. I think this is one of the cutest things I have seen in a long time. I wish I had even just a little of your talent. Thanks for making my day a little more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great project!

    One question about the hinged cards... was the snow flake border cut out and added to the card or was it partially cut out directly on the hinged card?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Queen's Paper PalaceDecember 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM

    This is so stinkin' cute. I think I'm gonna have to make several. :) Thanks! Maybe some day I'll be able to use my own brain and not have to copy yours. ;) On the other hand...you do such cute fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete