Friday, October 28, 2011

Think Pink!!



In early October of 2009, I was making a "To-Do" list. I am usually moving at mach 10 with my hair on fire and making lists helps to keep all the balls in the air. I must have been in a philosophical mood that day because instead of making a "To Do" list, I made a "To Be" list. One of the things on that list was to give back to the community. I have an incredible husband, two wonderful children and a beautiful home. I've had my professional career and am now enjoying running a creative business from home that allows me to be home with my kids, volunteer at their schools, and just be there for them the way my parents were there for me.

I have been blessed, therefore I actively look for ways to give back to my family, my friends and to my community. At the time I had just discovered mini scrapbook albums and the internet community surrounding a few months before. Since that time I have begun a business creating kits and patterns for my papercrafting designs. I have been overwhelmed and touched by the positive and supportive response to my work!! It is so appreciated. I have often thought of ways to channel all that positive energy generated by such creative women into a project that also gives back. Thus, the first Pink Mini's Silent Auction was born.

The silent auction was an online fundraiser to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I thought organizing a mini scrap book silent auction would be fun and appropriate! Each participant created an album that was put into a silent action on my blog in late October/early November of 2009. All proceeds (over $1000) from the silent auction went to the Susan G. Komen Foundation through a website associated with their Passionatly Pink for a Cure Program.

Last year I had begun the planning and was just gearing up to have the second annual fundraiser when my daughter's appendix ruptured and she spent over a week in the hospital. Getting the fundraiser off the ground was just too much with my family needs of the time.

This year is different, every one in my family is healthy and the 2nd annual Pink Mini's Silent Auction will begin on Sunday, October 30th. Last time, I held the auction here on my blog. This year I have set up a separate blog just for the auction. The blog address is: www.pinkminis2011.blogspot.com. All of the mini's available for bidding will be up for viewing and bids beginning at Noon Pacific Time on Sunday, October 30th and the auction will run thru 6 pm Pacific Time on Saturday, November 5, 2011. High bidders will be notified by Nov. 7th. They will then go to the event web page set up at the Susan G. Komen Foundation "Passioantely Pink for a Cure" site to make a donation in the amount of their bid. High bidders will receive the mini from the creator as a thank you for their donation! If you just want to make a donation you can also do that at the "Passioantely Pink for a Cure" website. More info regarding bidding and donations will be available on the Pink Mini's 2011 blog.

Please help us advertise this fun and worthy event. A button for your blog and a printable flyer for distribution will be available shortly on the Pink Mini's 2011 blog.

Thank you for all your support and assistance. A special thank you to all have donated mini's and card sets for the auction as well.

Laura

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Laura...I salute you! let us know when the flyer is ready i will post one on my blog for you....Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flyer will be to print and distribute. I am working on a button for your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, You are such an inspiration to me and lots of other crafty women! I love your story about the Pink Mini Blog and feel the same way about giving back. I will place your button on my blog when it's available. Keep the creativity coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I will print some flyers and take to my lss and pass on to my friends. Can't wait to bid on one too! Thanks so much for doing this!

    Heather aka momofcody

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an amazing event you put together Laura! I will tell all the crafty ladies I know so you can hopefully beat what you made the first year...I can't believe besides being such a talented women you also have such a big heart..

    Sandra
    Starsinpalm.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura here is my blog:

    Your royal froggy@ blogspot.com
    froggyrules1966@yahoo.com

    Darlene M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your one stop solution to Flyer distribution is here. Log in to Flyer distribution for a free quotation. Flyer distribution service can help you to reach at every individual in U.K. and this has a big network to help you in any location. Also you can get the service at an affordable price.

    ReplyDelete