October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I am organizing a mini scrap book challenge and silent auction. I have put together 16 kits (at no charge to the participant) to be sent out to 14 interested mini scrappers to make a mini album. My 9 year old daughter and I will be making mini albums with the remaining 2 kits. All proceeds from the silent auction will go to the Susan G. Komen for a Cure Foundation through their Passionatly Pink for a Cure event program.
Here is the details for the Pink Mini’s challenge:
1. Make a Mini Album using any of the materials provided in the kit. Participants may add any additional materials as they see fit.
2. The mini-album you create should be one that you are proud of and something you would enjoy receiving yourself.
3. The mini-album should be no smaller than 3x3, but no larger than 6x8.
4. It should contain a minimum of 4 to 6 pages.
5. Though the album should be predominately pink, the theme may be more generic to appeal to a wider audience such as girls/women, birthday, princess, baby etc.
6. Digital photos of your mini need to be sent to Laura no later than October 29. Bidding will commence on October 31 until November 7. Photos of the albums will be posted on my blog (www.followingthepapertrail.blogspot.com) during the bidding period. High bidders will be directed to the Passionately Pink for a Cure event website I have set up to make a donation in the amount of their bid. The album they have bid on will be sent to them as a thank you for their donation. More details regarding the bidding will be up on my blog closer to the end of October.
7. Participants will be responsible for shipping the mini album they create to the high bidder from the silent auction in a timely manner after the bidding is complete.
8. Due to the logistics of getting the kit materials into the hands of the participants, our international sisters may participate by making an album out of materials of their own choosing and sending digital photos to me by the same deadline as above.
To participate in the challenge and receive your kit, please leave me a comment “I want to participate” or send me an email at (email@example.com) letting me know you want to participate. I will contact you for an address to send you kit. Don’t be shy! I doesn’t matter what your skill level, these mini’s are going to be great!!
I will also be posting information/link for any one wanting to make a donation to this event later this week as well.
I am really excited to be putting this event together. There is no greater power on earth than women working together towards a common goal!
Here's the kit participants so far:
Lisa (Craft Craving Chica's)
Bona (Keep on Scrappin")
Stacy (Ready, Set, Scrap)
Jana Oliveira (2worldswings)
Jude from New Zealand
Louise (ZettiBetti) from Ireland
Pink Hugs to all of YOU!
PS If you are a blog guru and want to help me set up the mini auction part of this event I would LOVE any assistance! I just started blogging 2 months ago and have rudimentary skills!!